Winter Encounter Details
Date of event:
Thursday, January 25th to Sunday, January 28th, 2018
WinShape Retreat2277 Martha Berry Highway Mt. Berry, Georgia 30149-0007 (877) 977-3873
Opening session will begin:
7:30 p.m., Thursday, January 25th, 2018. Check-in will begin at 4:00 p.m. and dinner will begin at 6:30. In order to register for the Encounter each participant must attend the entire event from beginning to end.
11:30 a.m., Sunday, January 28th, 2018. In order to register for the Encounter each participant must attend the entire event from beginning to end.
The drive to Winshape Retreat is approximately 1.5 hours from Atlanta without traffic. If you would like to carpool with other women, please contact us and we will let you know of possible options in your area.
Click here for directions if you are coming from cities other than Atlanta.
Directions from Atlanta:
1. Take 1-75 N to Rome-Canton
2. Exit Hwy 20 (exit#290), turn left (West) for 2.3 miles.
3. Turn left (South) at Ga-20/GA-61/US-411 for 180 feet.
4. Take the ramp onto GA-20/US-41 (Joe Frank Harris Pkwy)
5. Take the ramp onto GA-20/US-411 SW for 17.3 miles.
6. Turn right at light onto East Rome Bypass (Rome Loop 1)
7. Turn right at light onto Hwy-27/Marth Berry (note sign for Oak Hill and the Martha Berry Museum) for .7 miles
8. Turn left into Berry College main entrance.
9. Pass the guard house. Go into the flag pole court.
10. Take 2nd right in flag pole courtpass Hermann Hall (brick building on your left).
11. Turn right at the stop sign (T-intersection).
12. Take the first left and travel approximately 3 miles through wooded area.
13. After the speed bump, take the first left to WinShape Retreat.
Transportation for those arriving into Hartsfield Airport:
Arrival: Please schedule a flight that arrives BEFORE 2:00 p.m. on Thursday, January 25th, 2018.
Departure: Please schedule a flight out AFTER 4:00 p.m. on Sunday, January 28th, 2018.
If you need a ride to/from the Atlanta Hartsfield Airport please contact us and we will put you in touch with other women who are also wanting to carpool to/from the airport. Your team will rent and split the cost all on your own. Another option for you is to arrange a shuttle ride which is $50 one way. Please make sure that your flight arrangements are coordinated around the specific times listed above.
On Friday, January 26th and Saturday, January 27th, there will be free time in the afternoon for you to enjoy activities or rest in your room. We will offer massages, a pottery throwing class and yoga during that time which can be scheduled in advance (and not included in the registration fee). Or feel free to walk, run or bike the beautiful nature trails on the Winshape grounds.
We recommend that you read John and Stasi Eldredge’s book “Captivating.” The book can be ordered on amazon by clicking here.
What to Pack:
Our desire is for everyone to be relaxed, so dress comfortably and just be you. Be sure to bring a heavy jacket if you want to spend time outdoors. Also, if you are interested in renting a bike or walking/running on the nature trails, bring appropriate attire.
Visit the link below for the 10-day forecast in Rome. GA.
Emergency Phone Number:
If you would like to provide an emergency number for family and loved ones, Winshapes front desk is open 24 hours a day and the phone number is (877) 977-3873
The registration fee is non refundable.